Festive Prawn Pasta
- 1 tbsp each lemon juice and red wine vinegar
- 12 medium uncooked prawns, peeled, cleaned
- 400 g fettucine
- 70 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves
- cups, coarsely chopped rocket
- lemon wedges to serve
Combine lemon juice, vinegar and prawns in a bowl, sprinkle with salt, then stand until prawns change colour (6-8 minutes; the prawns "cook" in the acid).
Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted water until al dente (8-10 minutes), then drain, reserving 50ml cooking water, and return both pasta and cooking liquid to pan. Add prawns with liquid and remaining ingredients, toss to combine well, season with salt and ground pepper, then serve with lemon wedges on the side.