What personal information do we collect and how do we collect it?
- make a purchase from our website, over the phone or at our cellar door; or
- sign up for our Wine Lover newsletter or our eNewsletter; we may collect the following personal information from you:
- Date of Birth;
- Residential address;
- Postal address;
- Phone number; and
- Email address.
We also collect basic information from all users of our website, such as the type of web browser they are using, which particular sections of the website they are looking at, how long they stay on the website and what items they click on. These statistics are anonymous and we cannot use them to identify the person browsing our website. We use this information to help improve our website and offer better service and products to our customers.
We will never ask for and never collect any “sensitive information”, as defined by the Privacy Act, including information about your health, religion, your political or sexual orientation, or your racial or ethnic origin.
How do we use your personal information?
When you make a purchase from us, when you sign up to our newsletters or when you “Like” or follow us on social media, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to deliver you the product you have purchased from us;
- to keep you informed of our latest wines, events or other products;
- to offer you discounts, promotions, or the opportunity to purchase limited release products.
- to ensure that we only sell wine to customers who are at least 18 years of age;
- to keep a record of the type and quantity of products you purchase from us; and
- to keep an internal record of sales trends for marketing and product development purposes.
We may contact you by post, email, social media, telephone call or text message.
If you don’t wish to receive any marketing communication from Brown Hill Estate, you may opt out by either:
clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails; or
completing the “unsubscribe” form in the members area of our website, at http://www.brownhillestate.com.au/Unsubscribe ; or
“unfollowing” us on social media; or
contacting us by post or telephone and letting us know that you no longer wish to receive any marketing communication.
Who do we give your personal information to?
With the exception of the limited circumstances outlined below, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party for any reason. In particular, we will not sell your information to any other website or marketing organisation, and we will not disclose your personal information to any overseas recipient whatsoever.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- when we engage a third party mail or email provider to assist us in distributing our eNewsletter, Wine Lovers newsletter or any other Brown Hill Estate marketing material. We always instruct the third party to destroy our customers’ personal information once the distribution is complete;
- when you purchase a product from us, we engage a courier or postal service and provide them with sufficient information to complete delivery to you; and
- when you make a reservation for event run by Brown Hill Estate in conjunction with a third party (for example a restaurant, hotel or similar), we will provide that third party with sufficient information to secure your booking and contact you in case of an emergency or a change in circumstances.
What if I don’t want to give you my personal information?
If you are signing up to our newsletters, you do not have to provide us with your name and you may use a pseudonym. You only need to provide us with sufficient personal information to send you the newsletter.
However, if you have purchased products from us, including alcoholic products, we will require the following information:
- your name and date of birth, to assist us in confirming that you are at least 18 years of age;
- your address, so we can deliver the product you have purchased; and
- your phone number and email address, so that we can contact you in case there is a problem with your purchase or delivery.
If you don’t wish to provide us with the information above, unfortunately we are unable to offer you our delivery service.
How do I access, correct, or make a complaint about my personal information?
You have the right to access your personal information that we hold, inform us of a correction or amendment to your personal information, or make a complaint about how we are handling your personal information. If you wish to do so, please contact us via email@example.com or via our website, http://www.brownhillestate.com.au/Contact- Us .
Please provide us with enough information so that we can identify you and your personal information, and provide a response to your query.